Ugh, trying to downgrade to voice is impossible with Sonic

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by WhySoDifficult » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:43 am
In the process of downgrading to POTS from Fusion X2 is so frustrating:

Call CSR, they tell me not possible, then say they will simply flag it on their system to downgrade to POTS
Nothing happens for like a week or two, call back and they say oh, there must be some confusion, let me get that fixed for you.
Half a month later, oh sorry bro, we can't do that, you gotta call in and downgrade your Fusion X2 line to X1 line yourself, then you can migrate to POTS.

Really?

C'mon Sonic, your customer service used to be top notch, but you're expecting a customer to know all these little tidbits to effectuate something that only you can do?
by joeyyung911 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:36 am
So, you just want voice only? I did it, but they said you can't downgrade from Fusion. They had to call AT&T to create a new line (physically, also had to pay a fee), then I was able to transfer my Fusion number to this voice-only line. Paying over $20/m after taxes.
by WhySoDifficult » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:55 am
Joey,

Thanks for the data point... now I don’t know who is right.

Dane, would appreciate conclusive steps on how the heck can I downgrade to just a voice line. I’m receiving totally different answers from possible to hard and now to something else.

I sent you an email.
by joeyyung911 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:34 am
Here are my email excerpts from support back in Sept-Oct:
It is possible in a roundabout kind of way. A voice only line would need to be delivered and then we can port the number over to that voice only line. Then we can cancel the Fusion line. We cannot simply make the Fusion line a voice only line. Voice only has a $150.00 install and the monthly cost including taxes is roughly $20.00 a month.
Unfortunately since we don't have a way to downgrade your current service, the voice-only service must be delivered as a new product. That service would come with a mandatory $150 installation fee.
So the process would be similar to the process you went through to get your current internet installed (Fusion DSL X1). Yes we would need to send a tech out to install the service once AT&T delivers the new phone line. This process would take a few weeks to complete however your service would not be down for the whole process.
Once you verified that your voice only service is working, and you have a dial tone; you'll want to give support a call to cancel your internet portion of your service.
But from my experience, I had to physically move the line from the old to new at the MPOE (this is at an apartment). I didn't see the AT&T tech come by at all, so, I had no clue which one was my new line. I called support and they told me which number it was at the MPOE, but it didn't correspond at all. I probably had to disconnect a few lines to determine which one was my new one.

I've probably dealt with at least 5 members of support during these email interactions, so, not sure why you're getting the runaround.
by WhySoDifficult » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:03 pm
Thanks for the awesome snippets

At this point, couldn’t I simply port my number to Google Voice then have AT&T activate a phone line for me, then port the number back to the AT&T line? Cause creating a new line that was already an AT&T line for $150 sounds steep...
5 posts Page 1 of 1