Fiber Status Newsletter?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by apimente1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:01 pm
Hello All,

When I had signed up for the fiber pre order I was told that there was a monthly newsletter mailed out to people who have signed up to provide status updates on the rollout. Its been about 2 months now and I havent seen anything anywhere.

Anyone know where I can find this newsletter? Does it really exist?

Thanks!
by amayfield » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:16 pm
We do send out monthly email notifications to Fiber Pre-Order customers with status / progress updates. I don't know why you haven't received one yet, I'll reach out to the team that manages that correspondence and get back to you. They are out of the office for tonight but I should be able to follow up tomorrow morning.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by amayfield » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:12 am
Okay so I've heard back from the team that manages correspondence - your area isn't yet in engineering and we don't send out those monthly updates until engineering. Once you are in engineering you will start receiving the monthly updates.

We are shoring up the monthly correspondence procedure to be more communicative about what is actually happening with your order, apologies for the confusion.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by apimente1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:31 pm
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please advise what it means when you say that my area is or is not in "engineering"?

Thanks!
by apimente1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:40 pm
I guess I have to answer my own question.

For anyone else curious what Sonic is referring to when they say your area is or is not in "Engineering" it is a reference to the process of which they get into the specifics and design of how they will be laying out the network in your neighborhood.
From the posts that I've read in these forums it seems this can take anywhere from 1-5 years.

Since my area is not even yet in "Engineering" then I suppose that means service may be rolled out anytime between 12 months and the zombie apocalypse.

Just a little productive criticism from a nobody like me. When you get to the point where you are sending out flyers advertising that you are coming to someone's neighborhood and encouraging them to sign up for your service I would suggest that you at least advertise your goal. For example "we are hoping to be in your neighborhood within the next 12-18 months".
I fully understand the challenges in any type of large projects like this. There are several factors out of your control that push back dates but it would be good for you guys to set a goal. Isn't that one of the keys to success?
5 posts Page 1 of 1