Disappointing PSA: 18% price increase on 1GIG Fiber Service in Bay Area. Check your bills people!

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
35 posts Page 4 of 4
by jerrielm » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:17 pm
jessieandrob wrote:
keilanisonic wrote:The ACP is supposed to be a long-term program to help ensure affordable internet access. While this isn't a guarantee it'll last forever, it's not something that's expected to go away anytime soon. We have some information available here.
I still haven’t seen anyone from Sonic address the main point of this thread: the absolutely sketchy way these price increases were rolled out. The silence is telling.

Hello!

The complaints about our most recent price increase and the lack of heads-up are being heard loud and clear. I would like to apologize for the appearance of the rollout and notifications to be sketchy. That was not our intent. We are reviewing how we can better inform our customers in the future. Thank you for your feedback on this.

Best Wishes!
by jerrielm » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:21 pm
dianenovo wrote:Yep, I'm about to call tomorrow to start the process of stopping my service. My bill has increased over $22 since December, 2022. I've been a customer for less than 1.5 years!

New customers are getting a price of $59.99 for better service (plus the phone tax of course). I've had multiple occasions where my Internet was dodgy as well so it's a big byeeeee to Sonic.
Hello!

I am sorry to hear your service is not working. I would suggest giving our Technical Support Team a call so they can assist you with any internet issues you may have. You can reach them at 1-855-394-0100 8am-10pm 7 days a week.

I am also sorry that the price increase and First year promo all ended around the same time. I have added a month of credit to your bill to give you a little bit of breathing room. I hope this helps.

Best Wishes!
by bubba198 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:51 am
Given the current state of inflation I actually see this increase as a normal course correction based upon the economic conditions we all live under. No, I'm not rich and I would much rather keep my money for myself but there's no way I could live without Internet or to be more precise - live on an Internet delivered by coax or data caps (such as AT&T) so yah I'm not dancing around the house at the 18% additional coming out of my pocket but I still appreciate the GPON service of Sonic and its reliability and lack of data caps - not to mention 1G upload; that's so NOT the norm elsewhere even in the GPON world.
by booksetc » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:12 pm
Same here - stealth rollout of increase 33% WTF?

They seemed great when signing up, but persistent DNs issues ("it must be your non-leased equipment") and now a huge price jump?

It's all well and good for others to say "first price bump in 10 years" when it's been a little over a year for me

Disappointing to say the least
by bubba198 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:41 pm
As of today 11/17/2023 in the Sunset the MRC is now $78.64
35 posts Page 4 of 4