» Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:02 am
I'd love those setting
Thanks Brandon C, Dane and the Sonic team! Y'all rock! Can share the settings that work for me on a Ubiquiti Unifi Dream Machine Pro SE if anyone wants 'em.
I'd love those settings!
Should be straightforward. I can't test since IPv6 is not yet enabled in my location.
In the Network app, under Settings, under Internet, select your Sonic WAN, scroll down to the IPv6 section.
- IPv6 Connection to DHCPv6
- Prefix Delegation Size to 56 (new SF deployments) or 64 (prior deployments, see earlier in this thread).
In the Network app, under Settings, under Networks, for each network you want native IPv6 on, select the network, scroll down to the IPv6 section.
- IPv6 Interface Type to Prefix Delegation
- Enable Router Advertisements
- RA Priority to High (unless you have a reason not to for your specific network)
- Leave the DHCPv6 range unchanged from defaults (::2, ::7d1) (unless you have a reason to set that differently for your specific network)
- Leave DHCPv6/RDNSS DNS Control to Auto (unless you have a reason to set that differently for your specific network)
If you feel inclined for more technical details, such as capturing network traffic to see what router advertisements/DHCP offers Sonic is sending you (which can tell you the specific prefix length you should be using, for example), https://david.coffee/teaching-my-unifi-udm-how-to-ipv6/
is a good read.