Adtran 822v troubles

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
23 posts Page 3 of 3
by italeffect » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:14 pm
Thanks for that. I missed setting a static ip part. Once I did that it worked.
My 822 ONT is a couple of software versions behind, from early '21. I think you can only update it with the admin password per the Adtran release notes. I'll contact Sonic directly because I'm having repeated issues if the network speed goes over around 3-4 gigabit I lose internet connectivity for an hour. Rebooting ONT / router / etc makes no difference. However, I discovered if I spoof/change the Mac on the PF sense router, the connection is instantly restored.
by italeffect » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:02 pm
Talked to Sonic. They can't see any issue with my 822 ONT on their end. I even triggered the network to go down while on the call. It hit about 5.3gb/s download for a few seconds then 100% packet loss to the gateway. The ONT showed green on their end the whole time. They didn't seem interested in updating the Adtran 822 software version from 2.7.0.2 to the current 2.7.0.4. "There is a different department that keeps all the software up to date." Of course who knows if that would fix anything.
The weird part is if I swap to the 10g Ubiquity router I get the exact same behavior. I really don't think it is my router/network card etc. I can transfer terabytes at full 10g on the LAN with either router. I hit either a connection or bandwidth ceiling somewhere and the whole WAN times out for an hour. The ONT won't even ping. Plugging in a new device or simply changing the Mac on the router gets a new ip address and instantly restores the WAN connection.
Overall a very pleasant support call but no progress towards fixing or idea what to try next.
by joeyyung911 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:30 pm
italeffect wrote:I even triggered the network to go down while on the call. It hit about 5.3gb/s download for a few seconds then 100% packet loss to the gateway. The ONT showed green on their end the whole time.
How is a truck roll not considered??!! Are they gonna keep using the, "It looks fine on my end." line?
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
23 posts Page 3 of 3