Adtran 822v troubles

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
23 posts Page 2 of 3
by gatsbylee » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:17 am
just quick a following question about "bridge mode"

Is it sth that the end user can do it by following some documentation?
Or, the end user has to work with Sonic Rep to make it work?

Thank you
Gatsby
by gatsbylee » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:52 pm
If I understand the msg threads in this post, I think that I can do this way.

so, since Adtran 822V XGS-PON ONT is currently being deployed in a routed configuration ( with NAT etc ), I can use it as a main router that connects to my customer level WiFi Switch Router.

And, once I get a SMB level Router like Unifi Dream Machine Pro(UDP), I can create a bridge between Adtran 822V and UDP and set UDP as a main router.
by khegel » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:51 pm
It was configured as a router with basic NAT when I received it. I had to contact Sonic support to have them switch it over to bridged mode so I could use my router. I'm not sure if that is the case still as I saw a post from Dane that they are planning on having it in bridged mode in the future.

If your wireless access point has a router you might be able to use that.

10g network cards are still hundreds of dollars and 10g switches several hundred so unless your home network is capable it doesn't make sense to buy an expensive router as your devices are most likely 1g.
by joeyyung911 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:49 pm
I don't know where you're looking, 10G cards ain't "hundreds of dollars".
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by kyle.depasquale » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:48 am
gatsbylee wrote:If I understand the msg threads in this post, I think that I can do this way.

so, since Adtran 822V XGS-PON ONT is currently being deployed in a routed configuration ( with NAT etc ), I can use it as a main router that connects to my customer level WiFi Switch Router.

And, once I get a SMB level Router like Unifi Dream Machine Pro(UDP), I can create a bridge between Adtran 822V and UDP and set UDP as a main router.
When I received mine, it was in bridged mode. Not sure if that's because I ordered service explicitly w/o the router rental, but I never had to ask to turn off routing.
by gatsbylee » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:44 am
@khegel: Thank you.
@kyle.depasquale: Thank you.
by daniel15 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:19 pm
What's the current status of the 822v? Can it route + NAT at close to 10Gbps or are there still performance issues?

Relatedly, how is the IPv6 rollout going? IPv6 should improve performance with faster networks, because it doesn't need NAT.
by paulmcm » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:05 am
The 822v in bridge mode has great performance - I was benchmarking it at 9.56 gigabits earlier. My recent install was that device, and it came in bridge mode. I wouldn't plan on performance anywhere near to that if it was configured as a router - you need to buy one of those yourself.

IPv6 is definitely rolled out to my neighbor who has the 622v, but I don't seem to have it on the 822v. Probably an older config profile, I need to talk to the noc about that.
by italeffect » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:01 pm
Is there a way to login to the 822v? Is there a management page?
by paulmcm » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:04 am
If you plug into the non-10g port, manually set an IP address in a compatible range, and go to 192.168.1.1, you can log into the ONT with sonicuser/sonicuser. There's nothing you should configure there, but you can look at a few config details.
23 posts Page 2 of 3