[Fusion IPBB] Five dispatches and AT&T *still* hasn't replaced their bad splitter

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by mxhayworth » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:59 pm
Hi everyone -- we love Sonic, my partner had Sonic fiber at their previous address for 10 years with zero issues ever. We've had Fusion IPBB 1 Gig service at our new address for a little less than a year. It's been quite solid until about four weeks ago, when we began to see intermittent complete loss of connectivity coupled with a FAIL light at the ONT. The issue resolves without power cycling within a couple minutes, and is now happening 3-4 times a day.

The first AT&T tech who was dispatched made no changes and could not detect a failure. The second replaced our ONT, which changed nothing. The third tech was dispatched today, re-did our sloppy splice and dramatically improved SNR (measured from both AT&T and his optimeter). We were really hopeful--but then about half an hour ago we saw this same issue yet again.

Sonic's support has been really great through all of this, and I understand that Sonic has little control operationally over Fusion service, but this is not workable for us. Support is aware and this is being escalated to AT&T but I wanted to ask on here if others with Fusion service have experienced this and what the cause was. Happy to provide troubleshooting info (Nokia XS-020X-A ONT, Arris BGW210 gateway); we really don't want to leave Sonic, we just want to fix this. I don't know what protocol negotiations are being done but my gut says it's a session timeout given the consistent brief windows.

Thanks for any advice -- Will

P.S. Just happened again, bringing us up to five outages for the day. It seems like the frequency may be increasing and we might just get "lucky" enough to have a persistent failure before we get this fixed.
by syntaxsid1 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:36 pm
Hello,

We are sorry to hear about this consistent trouble you have been having with our service. We are assigning a supervisor to check in you for the condition of your service. We hope to FULLY resolve this for you ASAP. We'll be in touch.

Jeff
CES
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by mxhayworth » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:16 pm
Update: on a fourth dispatch, AT&T switched our port, which didn't fix anything. On a fifth dispatch on Monday, they finally noticed a bad splitter in their central office affecting 30 customers. As of today, it still hasn't been swapped, so we're still seeing constant intermittent outages.

Sonic has some of the best support we've ever experienced, but our terrible experience with Fusion has really been a wakeup call. We and Sonic are at the mercy of AT&T's sluggish incompetence. We're hoping to switch to Sonic fiber as soon as it's available but are looking at other ISPs in the interim. Best of luck to anyone else dealing with this game of telephone.
by mxhayworth » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:23 pm
AT&T's technician showed up today for a sixth dispatch, was not interested in fixing the splitter, claimed that our service was up and our issue was with our third party router -- without even looking at our premises. This was a bad joke. I don't know how to get AT&T to follow up on their own reported internal issue (#312944441) -- I tried to share this with the tech and he said he didn't need it.
4 posts Page 1 of 1