Troubleshooting SmartRG Gateway SR516ac modem/router

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by libertylidz » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:29 pm
Hi there,

I am a new Sonic customer with DSL service. The SR515 modem/router that comes with the Sonic installation package works fine. I hope to stay with Sonic for a long time, so it made sense to purchase a modem/router rather than pay the monthly fee for the modem/router that comes with the installation package. The closest modem/router to the SR515 that I could find was a used SR 516ac. I purchased this but it won't connect. I called Sonic's tech support and they had me do a factory reset by holding the reset button for 20 seconds. It still won't connect; they're not able to do detailed diagnostics due to limited information in their system from the device's signals, but they say that it's not generating an IP address. They thought that perhaps the original owner had used it as a bridge or modified some settings, but I think the factory reset should have addressed that.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this working? Is there something I'm overlooking?

Thanks very much!
by ngufra » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:35 am
Note that sonic has a page for the 516ac at
https://help.sonic.com/hc/en-us/article ... RG-SR516AC

Are you positive that the modem is functional?
A factory reset should do just that and remove all custom settings.
by libertylidz » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:03 pm
Thank you very much; I hadn't seen that page. Let me try adjusting the settings.
by syntaxsid1 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:17 am
Hello,

If adjusting those setting don't yield results for you, please call our support team. We may need to replace the equipment if it's not functioning properly. 707-547-3400. We look forward to resolving this for you. Take care.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1