Can I use the 10GE and GE ports at the same time on the SDX 622v ONT?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by robdodson » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:22 pm
Hello, I recently had Sonic installed at my house in Oakland. I believe the ONT I have is an Adtran SDX 622v, which has 10GE, GE, and two POTS ports. Currently I have the 10GE port plugged into my router. I was trying to also plug the GE port into my laptop, but I don't get any connection on it. I was wondering if the ONT allows using both the 10GE and GE ports at the same time, or if I can only use one at a time and need to plug my laptop into my router instead?
by ngufra » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:06 pm
The Adtran 622v has 10G and 2.5G ports according to https://www.adtran.com/amfile/file/down ... roduct/93/
I do not know whether they are supposed to be usable concurrently but sonic prefers you don't as they would assign you an IP address for each (similar to those who put a switch on the ONT and put multiple devices)
The typical deployment is to connect the ONT to a router, the router to a switch (or use a router/switch combo device) and to connect your devices to the switch.
by kyle.depasquale » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:01 am
robdodson wrote:Hello, I recently had Sonic installed at my house in Oakland. I believe the ONT I have is an Adtran SDX 622v, which has 10GE, GE, and two POTS ports. Currently I have the 10GE port plugged into my router. I was trying to also plug the GE port into my laptop, but I don't get any connection on it. I was wondering if the ONT allows using both the 10GE and GE ports at the same time, or if I can only use one at a time and need to plug my laptop into my router instead?
It would not be safe to plug your laptop into the ONT directly, as you'd lose the firewall protection of your router.
3 posts Page 1 of 1