Sonic - Yes!, Speed - No?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by petersw » Sat May 28, 2022 9:08 am
So, finally got my installation completed, and switched everything over this morning. After a moment of holding my breath, everything seemed OK and normal. Yay!

I ran a few speed tests, and am seeing D/L speed around 800mbps, but upload around 25mbps.

I thought I would see similar speed both ways, no? I'm on the Fusion 10gbps plan...
by j3r3myhargrove » Sat May 28, 2022 2:19 pm
I am purely speculating here.. But I recently overhauled my home network from the MPOE throughout my whole house... I installed equipment for full 10Gb support in hopes of opening a thread and finding a way to sneak in..

During this process I went through 3 different SFP+ vendors before I found one that worked, mostly.

The first 2 had similar issues to you... Though I am only on the 1GB/1GB, i was getting 800Mb-1Gb, okay no problem. However, the upload was maxing at ~25Mbps... What the heck.. The speculation on my part is a potential of the equipment you might be using causing this issue.. Can you further describe your setup?
by petersw » Sat May 28, 2022 4:14 pm
Ok, I'm an idiot. I had forgotten that I had a QoS limit on my network. Reset QoS, full speed up and down!
3 posts Page 1 of 1