website not loading on Sonic wifi, but loading on phone data

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by dylanmattingly » Fri May 13, 2022 5:51 pm
Hey Sonic Forum!

I'm having an issue where a website I commonly visit — milb.com (the standard minor league baseball website) — has suddenly stopped loading on any device connected to our Sonic Wi-Fi. I've tried my computer, my phone, my girlfriend's computer, and different browsers on my computer. Then I tried turning off wi-fi on my phone, and the website loaded fine using data. I've also heard from friends that the website is working fine for them.

I'm trying to figure out what the problem is, and I'm not a particular computer expert... I've tried unplugging the router and plugging it back in, and that didn't fix the problem. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!
by virtualmike » Sat May 14, 2022 3:09 pm
As a data point, it works in my non-Sonic connection. It also works if I turn on Sonic VPN (e.g., through my Sonic connection).

While you're waiting to hear from Support, I'd recommend rebooting the router. It might have stale DNS or routing in it.
by itsalann » Sun May 15, 2022 8:05 pm
I have the same problem as well, in particular with xhslink (sample: http://xhslink.com/EFQrah)

Do you happen to be on AT&T resold Fiber (1Gbps)?
by virtualmike » Mon May 16, 2022 8:17 pm
I can get to the site (though the link goes through a redirect to another site) both via my non-Sonic connection as well as through VPN.. I have Javascript turned off (since I don't know the site and can't vouch for it), so I can't see any content.
by itsalann » Thu May 19, 2022 8:35 am
virtualmike wrote:I can get to the site (though the link goes through a redirect to another site) both via my non-Sonic connection as well as through VPN.. I have Javascript turned off (since I don't know the site and can't vouch for it), so I can't see any content.
Does it work through Sonic non-VPN? Yeah, if you know it’s redirecting then it works. For me the XHS link just times out on Sonic. The redirected link works however. So currently I jump onto vpn whenever I need to use the xhslink.
by virtualmike » Thu May 19, 2022 6:36 pm
Unfortunately, I don't have a direct Sonic connection. I moved to SoCal last year, and Sonic doesn't have service in my community. I'm stuck with my local cable company, as the local phone company doesn't have any broadband services in my neighborhood, but may have fiber in the next decade or so.

I still have my Sonic account, however, because VPN, faxline, domain hosting, unlimited email aliases, and awesome customer service.
6 posts Page 1 of 1