Gigabit Fiber Service in Cloverdale

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by kiddreamer » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:03 am
Hello,
I am a former Sonic Copper and Fiber Technician and a huge fan of the service/company in general.
I am writing today to inquire about the availability of Sonic's Gigabit Fiber out here in Cloverdale. A few weeks back I spotted Sonic's Fiber lines running from Cloverdale High School to the Elementary School. Then this past week I spotted more lines running down some neighborhoods back behind the High School. I only saw one house that looked like it had Fiber Service via conduit from the pole.
Is there any possibility of getting residential Fiber at my residence? I am only about a block away from where the lines run by to the Elementary school. I would totally be willing to rally a few of my neighbors to sign up with Sonic in order to get the lines over to our houses. I absolutely love Sonic's Gigabit Fiber Service and am willing to work for it to get it to my house.
by kiddreamer » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:11 pm
Still haven’t received any information on my question. If this isn’t the correct channel to inquire within, what is?
by dane » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:56 pm
We have built a backbone there, to connect the schools. But we do not have a residential distribution network or any residential service equipment deployed in that CO at this time. While we do always seek to expand our builds as opportunities arise to do so, I know we’re very booked up for the next 18-24 months with projects all around the SF Bay Area and North Bay. Hopefully eventually we are able to expand the deployment there though, that’s certainly the long term goal!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by mollyf » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:23 pm
How’s it looking now?
by dane » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:29 am
We have made progress Northward, with fiber network being activated in Petaluma in 2020, Santa Rosa underway in 2021 and into 2022, and Healdsburg coming online in a few month, through 2022. But nothing in Cloverdale at this time, sorry to say.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by mollyf » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:33 am
Aw. We patiently await. Thanks, Dane.
6 posts Page 1 of 1