Fiber in North Oakland/Longfellow/Temescal

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
47 posts Page 5 of 5
by BeeCee » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:42 am
fiberless in Oakland wrote:Is Sonic planning on providing service on my part of MLK, or should I look for other options?
From all the prior responses it looks like eventually but it’s a long, slow process. I pre-ordered at the Berkeley-Oakland border when an announcement was first made but it took maybe a year and a half to actually happen. Since then they’ve made good progress south, but I wouldn’t hold your breath. I am a happy customer and totally disappointed I’ll have to give it up when I move soon.
by douglass706 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:01 pm
Any status on Rockridge area? Closet major cross streets are Broadway Terrace and Belgrave Pl.

I am moving from SF next month and am SO sad I need to go back 10 years in ISP service.

Btw, I love love Sonic <3
by drewpatterson » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:53 pm
When I moved to north oakland, i was able to get AT&T fiber a few months before Sonic rolled out, and sonic is (or at least was?) covering ETFs, so I was able to switch to sonic when they became available. if you can't get sonic i'd consider looking at AT&T as an alternative to comcast. because of fiber's competitive pressures, comcast has improved its bandwidth offerings, so while they still suck to do business with at least they're faster than they have been.
by rlucus » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:20 am
Seems like this is the place to get real information. We had fiber over on 14th Ave & East 31st St (that was a long grueling nightmare to get installed) but just moved to 19th St & Castro. I spoke to an ATT tech who said there might be fiber going in soon down the street.

Any information for the northwest area of downtown/uptown?
by sebschu » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:00 pm
I think we're getting closer to being able to ditch AT&T.

I'm in the Temescal/Shafter neighborhood and now see this message on https://members.sonic.net/connections/s ... e/#/change
Woah! Lucky you!

10 gigabit fiber internet from Sonic is coming to your address!
by motrengaw » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:07 pm
Getting the same email cheerfully informing that Sonic fiber is "89% complete" in my area every month for the past 6+ months. Any idea what the !@#&*(_*&#@$ hang up is?

=tew= 26 Randwick
by cadoretti » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:59 am
sebschu wrote:I think we're getting closer to being able to ditch AT&T.

I'm in the Temescal/Shafter neighborhood and now see this message on https://members.sonic.net/connections/s ... e/#/change
Woah! Lucky you!

10 gigabit fiber internet from Sonic is coming to your address!
Did this become available for you @sebschu?
I'm over near 39th & Market and am hoping to get that 10 gig upgrade(got the 1 gig now). We have all pole utility so hoping its just a matter of getting to us and then it moves very fast.
47 posts Page 5 of 5