FCC - Emergency Benefit Program

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
35 posts Page 4 of 4
by kbjsr » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:27 pm
dane wrote:
The issue isn't the bundle, it's integration with our provisioning, signup, equipment inventory and billing platforms. This is no small project, so it's not something we can instantly deliver.

I might have missed this question, but are you working on implementing it within your system, or are you just not going to participate at all? I ask as Sonic is apparently close to doing installs in my area, I've pre-ordered the Gigabit service and have been getting emails about install progress. If Sonic is simply not going to participate in the EBB program at all then I'll be sticking with Comcast, at least until the EBB program ends.
by dane » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:03 pm
kbjsr wrote:
dane wrote:
The issue isn't the bundle, it's integration with our provisioning, signup, equipment inventory and billing platforms. This is no small project, so it's not something we can instantly deliver.

I might have missed this question, but are you working on implementing it within your system, or are you just not going to participate at all? I ask as Sonic is apparently close to doing installs in my area, I've pre-ordered the Gigabit service and have been getting emails about install progress. If Sonic is simply not going to participate in the EBB program at all then I'll be sticking with Comcast, at least until the EBB program ends.


Yes, we are working now on the API integration with the FCC's tools for qualification and registration. Unclear when it'll be active, but it's in development now.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by kbjsr » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:39 pm
dane wrote:
kbjsr wrote:
dane wrote:
The issue isn't the bundle, it's integration with our provisioning, signup, equipment inventory and billing platforms. This is no small project, so it's not something we can instantly deliver.

I might have missed this question, but are you working on implementing it within your system, or are you just not going to participate at all? I ask as Sonic is apparently close to doing installs in my area, I've pre-ordered the Gigabit service and have been getting emails about install progress. If Sonic is simply not going to participate in the EBB program at all then I'll be sticking with Comcast, at least until the EBB program ends.


Yes, we are working now on the API integration with the FCC's tools for qualification and registration. Unclear when it'll be active, but it's in development now.

Thanks!
by akseawolf » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:36 pm
dane wrote:
Yes, we are working now on the API integration with the FCC's tools for qualification and registration. Unclear when it'll be active, but it's in development now.

Can you say if the EBB discount be available to all Sonic customer or will AT&T resold be excluded? Will all speeds tiers be eligible?

Since the last time I participated in this thread I found out that Xfinity requires all EBB recipients to be on the 200 Mbps tier and AT&T used to limit EBB recipients to 300 Mbps, however it appears that AT&T may opened the EBB discount to all speed tiers as I no longer see that restriction on their website.
by dane » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:46 pm
akseawolf wrote:
dane wrote:
Yes, we are working now on the API integration with the FCC's tools for qualification and registration. Unclear when it'll be active, but it's in development now.

Can you say if the EBB discount be available to all Sonic customer or will AT&T resold be excluded? Will all speeds tiers be eligible?

Since the last time I participated in this thread I found out that Xfinity requires all EBB recipients to be on the 200 Mbps tier and AT&T used to limit EBB recipients to 300 Mbps, however it appears that AT&T may opened the EBB discount to all speed tiers as I no longer see that restriction on their website.


The EBB does not allow resold services, so our IPBB product would not be eligible. And regarding speeds, EBB requires 25Mbps or faster, so many of our Fusion customers would be ineligible, but some will qualify and will be invited to apply. Of course, all of our on-net fiber would qualify on both counts.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
35 posts Page 4 of 4

Who is online

In total there are 9 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 999 on Mon May 10, 2021 1:02 am

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 7 guests