T-Mobile inbound calls to Sonic VOIP numbers

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by itsalann » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:53 pm
Hey Sonic,

Just got off the phone with tech support on the inability to call to a Sonic VOIP number and was told to contact T-Mobile. I’m in the process of doing that now, but was wondering if it isn’t more expedient that the Sonic tech team reach out on a systemwide issue? I’m not sure how effective a single customer would be to get T-Mobile to notice a system problem.

Anyways, will update this when I’m able to get my calling restored.
by rtrinh » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:22 pm
Ah so this might what's happening to me. Are you hearing some music when trying to call the Sonic number then it just ends after a few seconds?

I can't make a call to my sonic number through my Sprint/Tmobile but I can vice versa.
by itsalann » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:22 pm
rtrinh wrote:Ah so this might what's happening to me. Are you hearing some music when trying to call the Sonic number then it just ends after a few seconds?

I can't make a call to my sonic number through my Sprint/Tmobile but I can vice versa.
Yep, that is exactly what I’m experiencing. Still on hold with T-Mobile

Edit: 11:20PM As I predicted, T-Mobile is trying to punt this back to Sonic... "We can highly suggest that we can contact the Sonic for they able to check the home number line ending in XXXX to check of there's any blocking for your T-Mobile lines"

“Got it! Let me check here some other options why is that happens to your home number. Just to set proper expectation, since the line ending in XXXX is not under on the T-Mobile account we have limited access to perform a basic troubleshooting on it. Our system advise us to contact the service provider for the line ending in XXXX to perform a troubleshoot for your home number.

However, since you got here I will still check for other options here for how we can help you with your XXXX home number.”

Edit: 12:05AM Just got off the phone with their "engineering" team, and they weren't able to diagnose it either. The 10 second tune that plays is "I'm Still Here" by Macroform
by rtrinh » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:33 pm
Dang thanks for sticking for so long with it two nights ago and figuring out what tune is.

I was so distracted yesterday that I check to see if things magically fixed itself but I did just now check to see the Sonic number is now ringing from a Sprint/Tmobile number.

One thing I did change while this problem was happening Friday night was disabling the Nomorobo spam call blocking which at the time didn't make a difference. But I have no idea if the changes are instant. But I'll be reeneabling this and check again later.

*Edit* Sept 20
Everything is fine with Nomorobo enabled.
4 posts Page 1 of 1