New Installation Process

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by lukekmcinnis » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:12 am
Hi,

I had a comment on the installation process. My appointment to have AT&T activate my service was yesterday (8am-8pm - can't believe that was a thing to begin with) and they turned on my service around 6pm. So I thought starting last night I would have internet, but come to find out that Sonic needs to assist with the internal wiring of the building.

I contacted Sonic and the soonest appointment is Tuesday morning. I was shocked by this as I just sat at home for 12 hours thinking I would have service at the end of the day. My question is why doesn't Sonic have technicians come the same day as AT&T to handle internal wiring.

Anyone else have this issue?
by robert_s » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:17 pm
Hello,

I am really sorry to hear about the delay in getting your service started. In rare occasions, the per-existing internal wiring in a building is not within specs to support DSL service or there may be a fault on the line breaking continuity. In these types of cases, we do need to send an installer out.

I see that our installer went out today and your line is in service. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you. Our number is 1-888-766-4233. We are open 7 days a week from 8 AM to 10 PM.
Robert S.
Proud Sonic Employee
707-547-3400
by dane » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:23 pm
FYI Luke, your notes have spurred a conversation on the product management and operational side, to see what we can do to streamline. For example, for standard Sonic Fusion service, if your MPOE/NID is accessible, you don't have to be home when AT&T visits, as they don't do any inside wiring. We are also working to assure we obtain four-hour appointment windows when the MPOE/NID isn't accessible and you'd need to be home to provide access, as an eight or twelve hour ask isn't reasonable.

Once AT&T visits, most customers can successfully self-install by simply plugging in to an existing jack. But for those who have wiring that's not connected, or not connected to the right pair, we'll need to visit. We've worked to reduce the turnaround for these appointments, with the goal of making them same-day or next-day in virtually all cases.

Thanks again for the comments, we do appreciate the push-back in cases where we can improve the workflow!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by gdasilva » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:13 pm
Sonic still has not solved the problem and the worst installation process out all service providers and I've had them all in San Francisco. It has been close to 48 hours with no service and no response to any emails and don't even bother calling you will be on hold forever.

I'm curious how many days it will take to activate my service!
by amayfield » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:40 pm
I'm sorry to hear about the trouble getting your service up and running gdasilva. I took a look at your order and the activation date (where AT&T completes provisioning the outside line and delivers it to the phone box at your premises) was yesterday. Unfortunately they weren't able to complete the work yesterday - likely due to workload issues. Since they missed the commit your job should have priority to be completed as soon as possible. Sorry for the delay!
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by zb415 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:42 pm
I just ordered internet and it's saying the next available installation appointment is in 17 days. That's not going to work.
by dane » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:38 pm
Yes, that’s about the average right now, due to huge demand for Sonic fiber-optic service in all of the cities where we offer it.

But, we often have cancellations and you can get an earlier time, particularly if you are flexible and able to be home with limited notice. Our dispatch team can put you on a cancellation slot list - write to support@sonic.net and they can route that request.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
7 posts Page 1 of 1