Fiber in San Mateo

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
23 posts Page 3 of 3
by molliestones » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:30 pm
Anyone in the 42nd Ave / Mollie Stones area have any updates with their preorders?
by kluikens » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:16 am
I saw a crew possibly rolling fiber northward on Maple Ave. from Madison Ave. in the Baywood-Aragon neighborhood yesterday evening. The trucks weren't branded but the parking permit signs have listed Sonic.

Could anyone comment on whether the construction phase has to be 100% completed before customers can be connected? Or do pre-orders start to be fulfilled as incremental progress is made?
by bjeung » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:25 pm
So why is it that someone who has 2 preorders for 18 months is not getting construction updates, yet if I go to your website right now to do a pre-order it says this:

CONSTRUCTION UPDATES
Get monthly construction updates and progress emails regarding the status of the network build-out in your area.

If the city is slowing things down then let me know so I can go complain to them. If it's just not financially feasible to build out my area then let me know so I can go door to door and get my neighbors to sign up or otherwise reset my expectations. What I don't want and didn't expect from Sonic is to take my money and then go radio silent for 6 months. That only leaves me the option of cancelling my pre-orders.
23 posts Page 3 of 3