Sonic Service Outage issues for Small Business

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by cailyn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:43 am
Hi,
We have Fusion for our international Bookkeeping company. Service went down on Thursday 4/12 at 6pm, which is during the height of tax filing season.

Our service was the only one in the entire commercial building that went down. After 4 days of Building IT, 2 visits by AT&T, the entire issue was traced to Sonic's original installation which was done incorrectly and on a noisy line.

The Sonic Tech team who came out (Steve Thomas & Joey) ran new wiring from the phone room to server room. I actually overheard Steve's excitement about "we really hit a home run on this one!" He felt strongly that he not only solved our service issue but improved it to its max capabilities.

Needless to say, I was thrilled too. Going through such stress during the single most
Important time period for my business was very difficult and i lost thousands of dollars with the outages.

Unfortunately, at 4:20 this morning, our international team reported we are offline.

I sent an email to support, but with no after hours Sonic support, how do we deal with outages and lost income for our business?

How do I know Sonic has successfully fixed the issues and my service is continuously stable from this time forward?

Thank you,
Cailyn
Canna Kind Inc
by dherr » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:50 am
The service for "Canna Kind Inc" went offline at 4:20 on 4/20?

I have a calendar reminder to keep off the roads today at 4:20pm. I would have assumed that 4:20am was too early for this sort of thing.
by cailyn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:10 am
Believe me, the irony is not lost on me!!
by m.harmon » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:06 am
@cailyn from looking at the service I don't think it was a physical issue that caused the downtime. The DSL connection never dropped but traffic stopped around 4am and started up again at almost exactly 6am.

Does anything happen at 6am?
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by cailyn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:19 am
Hi,
Thank you,

I also emailed and phoned this am.

1-Sonic Email Support Hunter M - said the phone lines don't appear to be filtered and wants to run a test. We don't have any phones plugged in but have the capability. Steve Thomas (Sonic Tech) DID put a phone filter on when he worked the other day so I am confused as to why Hunter says it's shows no filter?

2- Sonic Phone support reported two issues A) a service center bug that Sonic is chasing down, a reboot of the modem completed the solution apparently

B) our wiring from server closet to suite was noted to be "bad and recommended for replacement" by Steve Thomas. This causes lagging. We've submitted to our building IT for replacement.

3- you say the DSL never stopped, yet both Sonic Support people saw line 1 went out- not quite sure what you mean "DSL never stopped" especially in light of 2A which acknowledged the service went down from the service center.

This clearly shows I've got some tricky service issues that none of the 3 Support people working on it can agree as to what the issue is...we will keep plugging away!

Cailyn
by cailyn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:20 am
Hi,
Thank you,

I also emailed and phoned this am.

1-Sonic Email Support Hunter M - said the phone lines don't appear to be filtered and wants to run a test. We don't have any phones plugged in but have the capability. Steve Thomas (Sonic Tech) DID put a phone filter on when he worked the other day so I am confused as to why Hunter says it's shows no filter?

2- Sonic Phone support reported two issues A) a service center bug that Sonic is chasing down, a reboot of the modem completed the solution apparently

B) our wiring from server closet to suite was noted to be "bad and recommended for replacement" by Steve Thomas. This causes lagging. We've submitted to our building IT for replacement.

3- you say the DSL never stopped, yet both Sonic Support people saw line 1 went out- not quite sure what you mean "DSL never stopped" especially in light of 2A which acknowledged the service went down from the service center.

This clearly shows I've got some tricky service issues that none of the 3 Support people working on it can agree as to what the issue is...we will keep plugging away!

Cailyn
by m.harmon » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:24 am
OH! My mistake. I was looking at your other service with us.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
7 posts Page 1 of 1