Fiber in Coffey Park?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
15 posts Page 2 of 2
by gdm4 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:27 pm
Would love to see this happen, as a long time Sonic customer, it would be another plus in the rebuild column.
Paying AT&T so i can access Sonic is a thorn in my side and has been for years.
I wonder if anyone over at https://coffeystrong.com/ is thinking of this

nwright01 wrote:
dane wrote:
1666 wrote:The word out there is that Sonic has opted-out of the joint trench, not that there isn't a joint trench. Please find a way to get Sonic service in Coffey park. Our local provider should offer service locally.
The two incumbents (AT&T and Comcast) got to be in the joint trench for free, when the subdivision is developed. And now that it is being re-built, they get insurance coverage to pay for their re-build. Sonic cannot join without taking 25% of the cost of the entire utility re-build, and we have no insurance to tap to cover this.

The fix is for the City and County to put into place a dig once policy, meaning the municipality would then have conduit added to the trench while it is open. There's little additional cost to add a pipe while the ground is open, and then the municipality can decide who can use that conduit in the future.

This type of dig once policy in Brentwood has led to 11,000 homes now fiber connected by Sonic, with gigabit service.
Thank you for your detailed responses, Dane. I'll be reaching out as a resident to see if anyone at the city or the county are willing to help. It would be great if we could add Sonic to our options in Coffey Park.
Guy
by nwright01 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:00 pm
Dane--would you have someone who could work with me from Sonic email me at nwright01atgmaildotcom?

Thanks!
by dane » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:29 pm
nwright01 wrote:Dane--would you have someone who could work with me from Sonic email me at nwright01atgmaildotcom?

Thanks!
Would want to make sure the right folks here are engaged. Work with you on what?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by nwright01 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:32 pm
dane wrote:
nwright01 wrote:Dane--would you have someone who could work with me from Sonic email me at nwright01atgmaildotcom?

Thanks!
Would want to make sure the right folks here are engaged. Work with you on what?
Meeting with the organizers of the Coffey Strong group on a Monday night to discuss challenges and paths forward?
by nwright01 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:29 am
dane wrote:

Thanks!
Dane--who can I work with at Sonic on this process? I'd love to talk to someone directly at Sonic.
15 posts Page 2 of 2