Sonic $40 or $60 per month? How much are the total fees?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
32 posts Page 3 of 4
by trungqhuynh » Thu May 25, 2017 6:24 pm
Yes, your voice service may add value to those who may want to have a land line. Folks like my parents who are retired may want to have a land line but I'm working on helping them get rid of the land line since they have cell phones. For the majority of us that have no use for a land line, this is just another extra expense that we do not want or need. If you want voice service, you can sign up for Google Voice and no need to pay any monthly fees. Thank you for listening and I look forward for an internet package only. I had two co-workers that was considering Sonic fiber but after they saw my bill with the taxes and fees for the phone line, they backed out and decided to stick with what they have.
by miken » Fri May 26, 2017 8:53 am
trungqhuynh wrote:Yes, your voice service may add value to those who may want to have a land line. Folks like my parents who are retired may want to have a land line but I'm working on helping them get rid of the land line since they have cell phones. For the majority of us that have no use for a land line, this is just another extra expense that we do not want or need. If you want voice service, you can sign up for Google Voice and no need to pay any monthly fees. Thank you for listening and I look forward for an internet package only. I had two co-workers that was considering Sonic fiber but after they saw my bill with the taxes and fees for the phone line, they backed out and decided to stick with what they have.
We understand that there is a group of users and potential users who would prefer an Internet-only plan to our current Fusion Internet+Phone. While we don't have any concrete plans, this is something we've considered the possibility of providing in the future. There are a lot of other value points to the service other than the landline as well; free personal hosting, no data caps, local customer support and an award winning privacy policy with free access to VPN. Since your friends had Fiber available in the area, they'd also be getting some of the fastest speeds in America.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by pockyken007 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:48 am
I like my Sonic landline and I do not run a business ... do we use it ? I wouldn't say we use it a lot but anywhere between 5-10 phone calls in a week ( I do love their international calling plan ) . For me the internet and phone bundle works but I can also see how for others it might be considered unused .
by trungqhuynh » Sat May 27, 2017 11:45 am
Good for you that you like your Sonic land line and willing to pay for the taxes and fees. I have a land line as well using Google Voice and I'm paying $0 per month in fees and taxes. Look into it if you're interested in much better phone than AT&T land line.
by pockyken007 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:54 am
trungqhuynh wrote:Good for you that you like your Sonic land line and willing to pay for the taxes and fees. I have a land line as well using Google Voice and I'm paying $0 per month in fees and taxes. Look into it if you're interested in much better phone than AT&T land line.
I'll give it a look thanks for sharing :)
by wgeddes » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:18 am
QueryGuy wrote:So 50Mbps costs 50% more than the Gigabit internet service? This doesn't make sense to me at all. Or it's just a scam?
It means your neighborhood doesn't have Fiber access yet. They physically have to put new lines up, neighborhood by neighborhood.
by pockyken007 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:28 am
wgeddes wrote:
QueryGuy wrote:So 50Mbps costs 50% more than the Gigabit internet service? This doesn't make sense to me at all. Or it's just a scam?
It means your neighborhood doesn't have Fiber access yet. They physically have to put new lines up, neighborhood by neighborhood.
Actually what it means is that you will be running on FTTN ( Fiber to the node ) which is a resold ATT Uverse that's why the cost is much higher compared to SONIC owned and maintained fiber.
by crynoid » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:23 pm
It never occurred to me that Sonic would charge taxes for a service I was not using. Mentioned that I was not planning to use the phone while signing up. No one brought up that you will be paying taxes on it anyway. Yes, the prospect of getting high speed is nice, but probably unnecessary for our usage anyway, but paying extra taxes for a service I am not using is a deal breaker. When my contract is done, I will be looking around unless Sonic changes this policy. Why is it so hard to understand that people do not want a landline anymore, even if it is offered free + taxes.
by steelgaze » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:53 pm
crynoid wrote:It never occurred to me that Sonic would charge taxes for a service I was not using. Mentioned that I was not planning to use the phone while signing up. No one brought up that you will be paying taxes on it anyway. Yes, the prospect of getting high speed is nice, but probably unnecessary for our usage anyway, but paying extra taxes for a service I am not using is a deal breaker. When my contract is done, I will be looking around unless Sonic changes this policy. Why is it so hard to understand that people do not want a landline anymore, even if it is offered free + taxes.
Get in touch with monkey brains or webpass. They offer internet only plans and are pretty local. Webpass would be harder to get unless you live in a new condo building.
by derek » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:34 am
crynoid wrote:It never occurred to me that Sonic would charge taxes for a service I was not using. Mentioned that I was not planning to use the phone while signing up. No one brought up that you will be paying taxes on it anyway.
Unfortunately, if it's provisioned, the government needs to collect their part, whether you actually use it or not.
32 posts Page 3 of 4